What is Citrix Receiver? This is a platform that is used to host any application of your choice online. It allows you to access and use these set of applications remotely without having to actually have them installed on your computer.
Any application that is being hosted on the Citrix Receiver can be easily accessed. And used from any internet-enable computer without needing to go through the hassle of multiple installations.
Download Citrix Receiver for Windows and Mac
Citrix Receiver is a dedicated app, and not web-based. Therefore in order to begin enjoying remote access to your hosted applications, you need to actually download the Citrix Receiver software itself.
On your windows or Mac computer, follow the following simple steps
- Open your browser, this can be internet explorer, safari, Firefox or any compatible browser
- Go to the address bar and type https://www.citrix.com/products/receiver/ , and press enter.
- Once the page loads you will see a big blue button at the top that says “Download Receiver for Windows” or “Download Receiver for Mac” as the case may be, click on it.
- A page will load with a “Thank You” message for downloading Citrix Receiver, just wait a bit and a pop-up will emerge asking you to begin download, click on it to begin
- In case the pop-up doesn’t show, click back and re-click the download button again, or switch to another browser and begin the process afresh.
- After the download is over, use your fie explorer to locate it in your download folder.
How to Install Citrix Receiver for Windows
Once you have downloaded the Citrix Receiver software, you are good to go with the following short installation steps.
- Locate your downloaded file on your windows pc, and double-click it to initiate installation.
- Once the installer is launched, you will see the Citrix Receiver installation window with a black and white logo, welcoming you to install it.
- Click on the “Install” button.
- A status bar will emerge showing you the progress of the installation, please wait till it becomes all green.
- Once the Installation process is complete, click on “Done”.
- You will see the Citrix Receiver icon at the bottom right of your screen on the task bar.
- Right-click on it and then click on “open” from the emerging menu.
How to Install Citrix Receiver on Mac?
- Locate the downloaded Citrix Receiver .dmg file, which should normally be in your Mac Downloads folder.
- Double-click it to initiate installation.
- The Citrix Installation window will pop-up, click on continue at the bottom of it.
- That will take you to the license page, if you wish to proceed, click on “continue” yet again.
- A mini pop-up will prompt you to accept the installation agreement, click on “Agree”.
- The installation process will take over from here, and once done you can open the installed and begin use.
Setup Citrix Receiver for Chromebook
- Click on the Launcher Icon with a magnifying glass picture and then select Web Store.
- The Web Store will open on a new window, now go ahead and search for “Citrix Receiver” and press Enter. Or click this link.
- The first result with a black and white icon of a wave should be what you are looking for, click it and wait for the page to open.
- Once the Citrix Receiver page opens, you will see a blue and white button at the top right corner saying “ADD TO CHROME”, click on it.
- A new window will pop-up, click on Add app to complete the download and automatic installation.
- To open the installed app, go to your Launcher Icon and select “All Apps”, you should easily locate it there.
Citrix Receiver Clean up Tool
When you seem to be having a problem with some of your hosted apps malfunctioning or when your Citrix Receiver itself seems to be misbehaving, perhaps you have a registry issues and or errors that developed as a result of updating your Receiver or the Online Plug-ins.
Citrix Receiver Clean Up tool is what you use to resolve all outdated registry values, clean out obsolete files and components to let you continue enjoying your experience optimally and without a hitch.
How to Uninstall?
For both Windows and Mac, simply re-locate your downloaded installation software. Click on it, and it will prompt you to re-install to repair damaged app or to uninstall. Choose the uninstall option and click on continue for the process to begin. Click “Done” at the end to conclude.
On chromebook, locate the installed app’s icon and click the icon with two fingers or simply right-click. Then conclude by selecting Remove from Chrome.
Some of the key features and advantages a user stands to gain from the use of Citrix Receiver include
- It eliminates minimum hardware requirement by letting you access apps that might not optimally run on your own device
- It greatly reduces costs for storage
- This is designed for easy use by the most basically skilled people, with a user-friendly user interface
- It is very fast in loading your apps and in working with, making sure you experience no lags.
- Grants you the flexibility to use apps that are on different platforms without having to shell out for new hardware.
Will the use of Citrix not expose any personal files i may have on my computer?
No, Citrix Receiver is a stand-alone, tunneled app that has no business with whatever else is on your pc. All it does is giving you remote access to applications you need.
Will it slow down the rest of my activities while I’m using it?
No Citrix Receiver is a very lightweight app and it will have little bearing on your other activities.
What versions of Windows are supported?
Citrix Receiver supports Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and XP.
Do i need to pay before downloading?
No, Citrix is available free to download as many times as you want.
Will using Citrix Receiver expose my computer to malicious software?
Citrix Receiver is a highly secured platform that takes your security very seriously. You have nothing to fear, as no malicious software is allowed on whatever account while you use the app